Help for Members Impacted by Flooding in GeorgiaSeptember 09, 2022
We are making temporary changes to health plan benefits to provide relief for members who live in Chattooga and Floyd counties in Georgia and who are impacted by the state's current severe flooding emergency. The changes are in effect from September 4 through October 3, 2022.
The changes also apply to emergency responders who have been activated by their state or local agency, but who do not live in the impacted area.
For assistance during this emergency, please call us at 833-285-4030, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. We can help with finding available doctors, refilling prescription drugs, and other health plan questions.
- Emergency or urgent care
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any doctor or hospital, even if they are not in your plan's network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan's network.
- If your doctor's office or healthcare facility is closed because of the emergency, or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 833-285-4030. We can help you find another doctor.
- If you’re in a care management program and need to reach them, call 833-285-4030.
- Prescription refills
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications, you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if it’s not in your plan’s network.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address changed, call us at 833-285-4030 so we can make sure to send your medicine to the right place.
- Medical equipment that is lost or damaged
- We can help you replace your equipment (also called durable medical equipment or DME). Call us at 833-285-4030.
- Preapprovals or referrals
- You have more time to request them. There won't be any late fees. Call 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
These relaxed guidelines are in effect for members who reside in Chattooga and Floyd counties in Georgia and who are impacted by the current severe flooding emergency. The changes also apply to emergency responders who have been activated by their state or local agency, but who do not live in the impacted area.
The time period for updated support and care may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
These changes are for members with Anthem group health plans through their employers, Anthem individual and family plans, or Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, or Medicare Supplement plans. These changes are not for Federal Employee Health Benefit Plans, which have their own guidelines.
If you need additional support, please call us at 833-285-4030.