Help for Members Impacted by Hurricane Delta in LouisianaOctober 13, 2020
We are here to help you find and receive care when you need it during a crisis. Please call 833-285-4030 if you need assistance.
We are making changes to provide relief for members in Louisiana who must temporarily leave their homes due to Hurricane Delta. These changes are in effect October 6, 2020, through November 4, 2020, for all counties in Louisiana.
- If you need health care right away
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any doctor or hospital, even if they are not in your plan's network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan's network.
- If your doctor's office or health care facility is closed because of the hurricane, or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 833-285-4030. We can help you find another doctor.
- If you’re in a care management program and need to reach them, call 833-285-4030.
- If you need prescription refills
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications, you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if it’s not in your plan’s network.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address changed, call us at 833-285-4030 so we can make sure to send your medicine to the right place.
- If your medical equipment is lost or damaged
- We can help you replace your equipment (also called durable medical equipment or DME). Call us at 833-285-4030.
- If you need pre-approvals or referrals
- You have more time to request them. There won't be any late fees. Call 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
- If you need to file a claim
- You and your doctors have more time to file claims. Call us at 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
- If you need additional support
- Anthem’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers mental health support as well as resources on our website to help with legal/financial concerns and dependent-care needs. Call the EAP crisis line 24/7 at 877-208-8240 or go to anthemeap.com and use the log in: EAP Can Help.
- If you receive a bill directly from Anthem for your monthly insurance premium and are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the disaster, please call us to discuss options.
These relaxed guidelines are in effect for members who must temporarily leave their home due to Hurricane Delta. These changes are in effect October 6, 2020, through November 4, 2020, for all counties in Louisiana.
These time periods may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
These changes are for members with Anthem group health plans through their employers or Anthem individual and family plans. These changes are not for Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan, Medicare Advantage, or Medicare Part D plans. Those plans have their own guidelines.
If you need additional support, please call us at 833-285-4030.