Help for Members Impacted by Hurricane Laura in Louisiana and TexasAugust 31, 2020
We are here to help you find and receive care when you need it during a crisis. Between August 28, 2020 and September 27, 2020, we are making a change to help members in Louisiana and Texas after Hurricane Laura.
- If you need prescription refills
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications, you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if it’s not in your plan’s network.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address changed because of the hurricane, call us at the number on your ID card so we can make sure to deliver your medicine to the right place.
- If your medical equipment is lost or damaged
- We can help you replace your equipment (also called durable medical equipment or DME). Call us at the number on your ID card.
- If you need pre-approvals or referrals for care
- You have more time to request them. There won't be any late fees. Call us at the number on our ID card if you need an extension.
- If you need to file a claim
- You and your doctors have more time to file claims. Call us at the number on your ID card if you need an extension.
These relaxed guidelines are in effect from August 28, 2020 through September 27, 2020. They apply to impacted members in all areas of Louisiana, and the following counties in Texas: Anderson, Angelina, Aransas, Bexar, Bowie, Brazoria, Calhoun, Cameron, Camp, Cass, Chambers, Cherokee, Dallas, Ellis, Fort Bend, Franklin, Galveston, Gregg, Grimes, Hardin, Harris, Harrison, Houston, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Kenedy, Kleberg, Liberty, Leon, Madison, Marion, Matagorda, Montgomery, Morris, Nacogdoches, Newton, Nueces, Orange, Panola, Polk, Red River, Refugio, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, San Patricio, Shelby, Smith, Tarrant. Titus, Travis, Trinity, Tyler, Upshur, Victoria, Walker, Waller, Wharton, Willacy, and Wood.
This time period may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
The relaxed guidelines are for members with Anthem group health plans through their employers or Anthem individual and family plans. They are not for Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan, Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, or Medicare Part D plans. They have their own guidelines.