Update on Your Health Plan’s NetworkApril 25, 2018
BCBSGa has reached an agreement with Piedmont Healthcare
We are pleased to let you know that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia, Inc. and Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthcare Plan of Georgia, Inc. (collectively “BCBSGa”) have reached a new multi-year agreement with Piedmont Healthcare, Inc. and Piedmont Clinic Physician Practices (collectively “Piedmont”).
The thousands of businesses and 3.5 million consumers we serve across Georgia trusted us to reach an agreement with Piedmont that continues to deliver access to high quality health care that is affordable. We are pleased that the new agreement will enable our consumers to continue to access affordable care through all Piedmont hospitals and physicians that are now back in our network, including:
- Piedmont Clinic Physician Practices
- Piedmont Hospital (Atlanta)
- Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center (Athens)
- Piedmont Fayette Hospital (Fayetteville)
- Piedmont Henry Hospital (Stockbridge)
- Piedmont Mountainside Hospital (Jasper)
- Piedmont Outpatient Center at East Ellijay
- Piedmont Newnan Hospital (Newnan)
- Piedmont Newton Hospital (Covington)
- Piedmont Rockdale Hospital
- Piedmont Columbus Regional
- Piedmont Imaging/Diagnostic Centers
- Piedmont Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Piedmont Urgent Care Centers
Additionally, it is important to note that any consumers who received health care services from Piedmont facilities and affiliated providers on or after April 1 will receive in-network coverage.
- Q: What if I was sent a new ID card with an assigned new Primary Care Physician (PCP)?
A: You do not need to do anything. We will be reissuing member ID cards with your original PCP. In the meantime, you may visit your PCP using your existing ID card. Doctors who are part of Piedmont have been notified by Piedmont regarding reissuing of PCPs.
- Q: What if my Provider submitted a continuation of care request form between April 1st and now?
A: BCBSGa will cancel your continuation of care request on your behalf. These forms are no longer necessary as Piedmont providers are now back in-network. You may visit your provider as you have previously for medical or behavioral health conditions.
- Still have questions?
Please call us at the Member Services number listed on your member ID card.