Help for Members Impacted by Wildfires in CaliforniaOctober 27, 2021
We are making temporary changes to health plan benefits to provide relief for members who live in California and must leave their homes due to the impacts of the state's current wildfire emergency. The changes are in effect for members who live in the following counties:
- Kern – October 22, 2021, through November 20, 2021, and retroactively for August 18, 2021, through September 16, 2021
- Mendocino – October 22, 2021, through November 20, 2021, and retroactively for September 12, 2021, through October 12, 2021
- Siskiyou – October 22, 2021, through November 20, 2021, and retroactively for July 16, 2021, through October 7, 2021
- Trinity – October 22, 2021, through November 20, 2021, and retroactively for August 10, 2021, through September 8, 2021
- Tulare – October 22, 2021, through November 20, 2021, and retroactively for September 9, 2021, through October 8, 2021
- Tuolumne – October 22, 2021, through November 20, 2021, and retroactively for August 26, 2021, through September 24, 2021
For assistance during this emergency, please call us at 833-285-4030, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. We can help with finding available doctors, refilling prescription drugs, and other health plan questions.
- Emergency or urgent care
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any doctor or hospital, even if they are not in your plan's network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan's network.
- If your doctor's office or healthcare facility is closed because of the emergency, or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 833-285-4030. We can help you find another doctor.
- If you’re in a care management program and need to reach them, call 833-285-4030.
- Prescription refills
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications, you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if it’s not in your plan’s network.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address changed, call us at 833-285-4030 so we can make sure to send your medicine to the right place.
- We can help you replace your equipment (also called durable medical equipment or DME). Call us at 833-285-4030.
- We can help you replace your eyeglasses or contact lenses. Call us at 833-285-4030.
- You have more time to request them. There won't be any late fees. Call 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
- You and your doctors have more time to file claims. Call us at 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
- Anthem’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers mental health support as well as resources on our website to help with legal and financial concerns and dependent-care needs. Call the EAP crisis line 24/7 at 877-208-8240 or go to anthemeap.com and use the log in: EAP Can Help.
These relaxed guidelines are in effect for members who reside in Kern, Mendocino, Siskiyou, Trinity, Tulare, and Tuolumne counties in California and who must temporarily leave their homes due to the wildfire emergency.The time period for updated support and care may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.These changes are for members with Anthem group health plans through their employers, Anthem individual and family plans, and Medi-Cal. These changes are not for Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan, Medicare Advantage, or Medicare Part D plans. Those plans have their own guidelines.
- If you receive a bill directly from Anthem for your monthly insurance premium and are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the emergency, you have more time to pay your bill. Please call us at 833-285-4030 to discuss options.
If you need additional support, please call us at 833-285-4030.Additional resources
For additional support during the wildfires, check these state resources: