Help for Members Impacted by Tornadoes in KentuckyDecember 13, 2021
We are making temporary changes to health plan benefits to provide relief for members who live in Kentucky and were impacted by the tornado system that struck the state on December 11, 2021.The changes are in effect for the entire state from December 11, 2021, through January 9, 2022.
For assistance during this emergency, please call us at 833-285-4030, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. We can help with finding available doctors, refilling prescription drugs, and other health plan questions.
- Emergency or urgent care
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any doctor or hospital, even if they are not in your plan's network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan's network.
- If your doctor's office or healthcare facility is closed because of the emergency, or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 833-285-4030. We can help you find another doctor.
- If you’re in a care management program and need to reach them, call 833-285-4030.
- Prescription refills
- If your Anthem plan covers your prescription medications, you can receive up to a 30-day emergency refill at any pharmacy now, even if it’s not in your plan’s network.
- If you use Anthem’s mail-order pharmacy and your address changed, call us at 833-285-4030 so we can make sure to send your medicine to the right place.
- Medical equipment that is lost or damaged
- We can help you replace your equipment (also called durable medical equipment or DME). Call us at 833-285-4030.
- Preapprovals or referrals
- You have more time to request them. There won't be any late fees. Call 833-285-4030 if you need an extension.
These relaxed guidelines are in effect for members who reside in any county in Kentucky and who were impacted by the tornadoes that struck on December 11, 2021.
The time period for updated support and care may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates.
These changes are for members with Anthem group health plans through their employers or members with Anthem individual and family plans. These changes are not for members with Federal Employee Health Benefit Plans, Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Part D, or Medicare Advantage plans. They are also not for members with plans through fully insured trust funds. Those plans have their own guidelines.
If you need additional support, please call us at 833-285-4030.